Thursday 12 January 2012

Quicky

Not a lengthy one today. Started re-reading Bluff last night with a view to start editing it. My word I'm a terrible writer in places! :-D  I think (hope) I can turn it into something readable by average humans but it's very early days yet.

And by "average humans" I don't mean that it's in any way too intelligent for normal folks, just that it's bloody painful. Maybe I should have said "discerning"humans.

I plan to start another creative project ASAP but the main issue I have is, as always, focus. Just as I get myself geared up to run a load of creative projects Netflix goes and launches in the UK! So instead of writing I find myself watching The IT Crowd, (entertaining) films and Mythbusters! I really need to get a grip and move away from the entertainment. I tell myself that I'm being productive, doing background work of some kind. To a degree I guess that's right as all the information and dialogue's going in somewhere but unless I actually sit down and get it back out onto paper I'll be going nowhere.

I keep reading tips and tricks on how to get going but the main challenge is sitting down to write in the first place. I can spare an hour a day. I need to spare an hour a day. Every day that I get home and spend 3 hours doing nothing before i go to bed is a waste of time. It's said that "time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time" but there's only so far you can take that premise. I need to set myself a firm calendar to give myself writing days, study time, drawing time.

Skills I have on the cards for this year:

Writing - I need to finish Bluff and, if I do, to get something else written. I want Bluff out by June at the latest. Let's say I finish and publish Bluff by June 1st

Coding - I need to develop (geddit?) theskills I started last year. The couple of months I spent trying it last year were by far the furthest I'd ever got into it, I shouldn't throw that away. Having an app out on the store might be a bit bold but someone else from EG has done it so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to.

French. - Parlez vous? I need to rebuild what I learn in school. I then need to practise that skill. I got to A-level levels FFS! I should be able to understand more than I do

Drawing - Not a necessary skill by any stretch but something I've had a reasonable talent for before, I want to develop this one through sketching and building up muscle memory

Things I may need to give up on:

Guitar - I think we all know it's probably not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home